One year ago I came up with a crazy idea to start my blog. I can’t believe it’s already been a year and I can’t believe people are actually reading my blog. At the time, I didn’t even know what a blog was; but I had so many stories to share and write about my life as a parent. When I first started, I was hoping that at least a handful of my friends would read my blog and that I would get a few followers (20 to be exact). But here’s what has unfolded since my idea came to fruition.
- I have written a total of 64 posts (including this one)
- I’ve had over 44,000 unique views on my blog (approx. 3,667 views a month)
- On my best day, I had 4,514 views
- My top 5 most popular blog posts are 1) Communicating through Baby Sign Language – plus a Course Giveaway! 2) The start and end to my skydiving career 3) The church of the flying spaghetti monster?!?! Is this for real? 4) It’s not easy being a male baby model! 5) Is it a boy or a girl? Only the cupcakes know! (the best baby gender reveal EVER!!)
- My post “The start and end to my skydiving career” got Freshly Pressed on WordPress
- Top Views by Country are: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, India and Israel
- I did a total of 6 giveaways
- I had 6 guest posts (big thanksto all of my guest writers)
Some of my favourite statistics about my blog are the search engine terms that directed people to my site. Here are some of the funniest / weirdest search terms:
- язык жестов (I have no idea what this means or what language it’s in or how Google determined that this is somehow connected to one of my blog posts)
- mayans sleep deprivation (My name is Maya, but I have no relations at all to the Mayan tribe)
- girl camping (I’m pretty sure I never wrote about girl camping)
- so nice place (?!?!?!?)
- just lying in bed all day (I’m pretty sure I’ve never written about this although I would love to).
- only 16
- how to make sure you’re really sick (I’m pretty sure I’m not a Doctor. Hopefully no one actually looked to my blog for some advice)
- strict ladies (mmmmmmmmmmm….)
- the end (really?)
I’m so thankful to each and every one of my family, friends and readers who have been kind enough to read my ramblings since day 1. I also want to send out a big thanks to my son Kyle; if it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have a blog. Lastly, my husband, who doesn’t mind me sharing stories about our family life, edits my posts, provides input and feedback (from a male perspective) and has supported me through this journey. I hope to keep writing for years to come and hopefully will have a lot more entertaining stories for you as baby #2 arrives.