Are you ready for back-to-school? Mentally, I am (I probably was within week one into summer), but I still need to finish my shopping. While I would typically shop haphazardly, getting the essentials in advance and the remainder during the first few months of school, I don’t have the same luxury this year. First of all, I have two kids who will be going to school full time. It’s one thing to disappoint one kid, but it’s another when you’re letting down TWO kids. On a more serious note though, we’re moving into our new house the same week that school starts so I need to be super prepared and organized. I won’t just be able to “grab this and that” last minute because A) Everything will be in boxes and B) I won’t have time to run around because I’ll be unpacking said boxes.
I’ve already purchased most of the essentials like a backpacks, lunch boxes, water bottles, labels and new clothes and shoes. But there are a few others things that I will need to purchase this week like pencils, paper, pencil crayons and markers. And I’ll be doing all of this from the comfort of my home. With the boys home and all of my spare time going towards packing and looking after the renovations of the new house, I don’t have the time to venture out for long shopping trips. Thanks to Amazon, I’ve managed to complete most of my back-to-school shopping from home (my bed if we’re being specific). If you’re in the midst of doing your back-to-school shopping, check out my list, all from Amazon.ca, which includes some must-haves for those entering kindergarten and those going to junior primary school. HAPPY SHOPPING!!
Back-to-school shopping for Kindergarten
- Have a Star Wars lover going to Kindergarden? Why not get them this cool Heys R2-D2 backpack. It’s just the perfect size!
- This perfect size backpack is great for your little one who is a Paw-Patrol fan!
- Does your school have a literless lunch program? Why not get this great bento box style lunch box from Bentgo!
- Pencils are your child’s best friend in Kindergarden – stock up now!
- Glue is another product that your kid will be using a lot in the classroom as they learn through play! I love this purple disappearing glue from Elmer’s.
- My son used a pencil grip throughout kindergarden – it helped improve his legibility greatly.
Back-to-school shopping for Junior Primary School
- You don’t need to play Pokemon Go to love Pokemon. My boys have been obsessed with Pokemon for years! Get them a backpack they’ll love to wear like this 16″ Pokemon comic backpack.
- A great option for liter less lunch is this stainless steel food container from LunchBots!
- For a backpack that will take you from grade 1 through 6, why not get this stylish polka dot backpack.
- Nothing is more exciting to a grade school kid than a fresh pack of crayola pencil crayons – so they won’t have to share, or so they can share 🙂
- These lunch ice packs are great to keep around for when your child’s lunch requires extra cooling. They are also great for family getaways and picnics.
- Your child may not actually require these for school, but I have so many fond memories of Mr. Sketch scented markers from my childhood. Think of it as a back-to-school gift for your little one.
- Don’t forget a pencil case – otherwise all of the stuff you got them will get lost or dirty at the bottom of their backpacks.
Are you done your back to school shopping yet? What else should be included in my list?
Disclaimer: The links included are affiliate links as this is sponsored post from Amazon Canada that’s a part of the Amazon Associate campaign.