March break is coming… Kids everywhere rejoice and parents everywhere scramble to make plans! It’s a weird time of the year trying to figure out what to do. Living in Ontario, it’s hard to know if it will be cold or warm. Also, with the crazy exchange rate and travel budget almost non-existent for most of us, more and more people are opting for a stay-cation instead. That’s sort of our situation this year, especially since John has to work right through the break. So it will be up to me to “entertain” the kids when they’re off school for an entire week.
While I have a few days planned for some city-fun including going to the movies, hockey hall of fame and the zoo, we are also planning a two-day getaway to Deerhurst. I’m bringing my mom along for an extra set of hands. I’m excited to head out of the city and enjoy some of the country scenery and activities but also all of the fun events and activities scheduled at Deerhurst over March break.
If you’re thinking of heading out of the city for a few days too, here’s a glimpse of what you can experience at Deerhurst, just a 2+ hour drive from the city.
- Snowshoeing and hiking (guided or self lead) to explore the many trails
- Horseback riding through the snowy woods (ages 10+), or for a more family experience, enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride or a horse-drawn sleigh ride (extra cost).
- Petting Farm (extra cost) and
- Daily campfires!
I’m personally excited for the Maple Syrup experience, which is always one of our favourite activities to do during March Break.
- Giant inflatable bouncy castle playzone! There’s also an XBOX 360 Zone, pre-school area, craft tables and parents’ lounge.
- Make your own animal stuffie! (extra cost)
- Arts & Crafts
- Indoor pool
- Rock climbing wall (extra cost)
- Retro arcade (extra cost) – which I know will be a favourite activity for my kids!
- Family cooking demos
I’m looking forward to the daily family interactive activities which include family soccer, bingo and cookie decorating.
- Splash & Boots will be kicking things off on March 13th – make sure to purchase your tickets in advance as this will be a popular show.
- Other entertainers throughout the week include: Brent and Sarah’s comedy magic show (extra cost) and live music by Kenny Munshaw.
For a full list of March-Break activities, click HERE!
Mayahood blog readers can enjoy a 15% discount on two nights stay between March 10 – 18, 2017. Room rates start from $135*/night. To receive your discount, book your stay HERE!
What are your plans for March Break?
Disclosure: I received special perks in exchange for this post. As always, the opinions are my own.