My favourite part about New-Years is all of the countdowns and “top 10 / top 100″ lists. So here’s my top 10 list of things a stay-at-home parent of a Toddler can’t live without.
I would love to hear what tops your list for staying sane!
10. TV. Specifically, Treehouse and Disney Junior. Kyle’s current favourites are the Mickey Mouse Club, 4 square and roll play. Both channels are also available on-demand *
9. Three-wheel stroller for walks outside in the snow during the LONG winter months.
8. Music to jam out to and dance to (instruments are an added fun). Kyle is currently perfecting the “knee-bend” dance and has surpassed his dad’s dancing ability.
7. Magazines – quick read when Kyle is playing by himself. My current favourites are Toronto Life, Chatelaine and People. You can’t be too diverse, I know! Also, I read that it’s good for your children to see you reading, any form of media, so there’s an added bonus there (and no, reading a computer screen doesn’t count unfortunately).
6. Friends who are on mat-leave / other stay-at-home moms. Playdates are so KEY for both toddler and parent!
5. Toddler books – keep Kyle entertained for hours!
4. Variety of toys for hours of playtime. Kyle’s current favourites are: indoor slide, trucks, cars, blocks, miniature animals, balls, and workbench and tools.
3. Grandparents – to watch Kyle for a few hours once a week (or more if lucky)
2. My blackberry – browsing, checking email and Facebook
1. Hugs, kisses and tons of cuddles from my son… or just a nice glass of red wine
* I know what you’re thinking… Research has shown that kids shouldn’t watch any T.V. until the age of 2. Those researchers should try babysitting Kyle for a day. They obviously didn’t stay home with their kids! P.S. stop judging me!